Need some advice (BK)

Antworten
yope85
Gast
Postleitzahl: 0

Need some advice (BK)

Beitrag von yope85 » Di Aug 28, 2012 15:30

Hi,

I know that this is a German forum but I do hope to find here some helpful information.

I'm a 27 YO guy with a very high level of activity.

My left leg (BK) was traumatically amputated about 8 years ago and recently I was wondering whether I'm using the right prosthesis parts for myself and if there're some new things that I should know about..

Right now I use a "shuttle lock" based prosthesis with a 6Y75 silicon liner (ottobock). The foot I use is "True-Step" but I do wish to replace it with an "Echelon" foot soon enough..

My stump is kinda problematic - there's an excess of flesh at the bottom and therefore (a) the area at the bottom is kinda sensitive (the 6Y75 helps me with this one) and (b) after a while of wearing the liner it "goes down" so it feels like I'm walking on a mattress because the bottom is not firm as it supposed to be.
A doctor I went to said I need an operation, but I've asked for a second opinion to make sure that the first advice is right and he let me know that most of these kind of operations do helpul at the short term but eventually the lion's share of the patients reports that the problem reappear after a while and that's why he offered me the "Harmony" system (ottobock) - but I don't live in Germany and as far as I know at the moment this is the only place where one can get and maintain this kind of system so I do have to adhere to my "shuttle lock" system..

My second problem has to do with the first one: I have too many "pressure wounds" (the inverted commas are because I'm not sure that that's actually the proper name for this kind of wounds and if pressure IS the reason for them) at the upper back part of the calf (about 4 cm underneath the knee).
Theoretically "Derma ProFlex" (ottobock) seems to have the solution for that, but it doesn't seem like it works with a "shuttle lock" system.

If you've read all that till here I would like, first of all, to thank you :)

Now, do you have any suggestions? tips?
In addition, do you have any idea what's the difference between liner # 6Y85 and # 6Y75?
If one of you guys ever bought 6Y75 directly from ottobock, can you please let me know what's the cost of it?

Many thanks!
Yochai

yope85
Gast

Re: Need some advice (BK)

Beitrag von yope85 » Mo Sep 10, 2012 13:48

Anyone? Please?

boerni
Moderator + Anwender
Postleitzahl: 1219
Land: Deutschland

Beitrag von boerni » Mo Sep 10, 2012 19:38

these are very specialiced questions about otto bock products,

better, you get in contact with the otto bock company personally, theyve gut subcompanys in nearly every place of earth. idk from where you are.
Official Stroggified

Bild

yope85
Gast

Beitrag von yope85 » Mo Sep 10, 2012 23:39

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I've been to Otto Bock in Berlin and we do have an exclusive importer who works with them here, but here's the thing: I don't want to hear from them or him. I want an advice from the people who actually use these products in their everyday lives..
I want an answer from someone who isn't a side to the sell, but someone who's objective.

boerni
Moderator + Anwender
Postleitzahl: 1219
Land: Deutschland

Beitrag von boerni » Di Sep 11, 2012 12:53

well, i can't help you, i only used liners from Össur, together with otto bock products (C-leg and Genium)
Official Stroggified

Bild

Antworten